Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How Streamate.com could be the best webcam site...EVER

Yes, even though I've slacked at checking my twitter account (@CamgirlAdvice) lately, I have enjoyed a few email exchanges from girls with really great tips or fresh perspectives on being an adult webcam starlette in this increasingly competitive industry.

One email communique that particularly caught my eye regarded how Streamate.com, which happens to be my favorite webcam site (full disclosure: I don't even have ads on my site at this time; this is just fact in my experience), was now offering "geo-blocking" where basically, you can block countries or states...or even cities. Sweet! Let's take a closer look, shall we?!

Privacy has its perks
Granted, I personally, have no issues with showing my face or identity (aside from my writing identity being linked to my day job-LOL!) while being on webcam, some girls do, and for good reason. As "open" of a country the United States has seemingly become, there's still the potential social ostracizing that can be expected if a pretty girl is "discovered" in a conservative, or small town. You are not having sex with anybody, but stripping in front of a webcam is still a pretty big taboo for most people. It's really up to you and your comfort level.

And oh yeah, there's that little thing that people don't seem to treasure nowadays, which is privacy. Some people DON'T really want too much attention. Guys giving you compliments while you take home $2-$3 a minute is usually enough, trust me, for even the biggest ego (I shant name, names). And some people just don't want the drama involved because some people are sick and mentally-ill, and stalking does occur sometimes. Yes, your earnings will take a hit if you "block" a resident state, but is the sacrificed peace-of-mind worth an extra $20 a night? Let's take a mathematical peak girls...

If you are making $200-$300 a night, then 10% and 7.5% respectively, is a pretty low percentage of reduced income in my little hypothetical equation here, but you get the point. A sane and peaceful mind and body will help you make more money, over a longer period of time.

And guess what, you shouldn't be enjoying the perks of being a webcam model, making in excess of $50 an hour, only to be so stressed out that you gain/lose large amounts of weight or are constantly cleaning hair out of your sink or brush because your body is physically reacting to the scrutiny that a discovered model may unearth.

Don't lose your butt/beautiful hair. Just up your game and make a list of items that could improve your "private show" with the guys. Plus, money is NOT everything and greed is a disease we should all avoid. Seriously, we only have this one life and the sole pursuit of money and all things materialistic is laughable, when we ultimately can't take any of our possessions when you die (a trollie made me realize this-hilarious!).

But I digress
Back to Streamate being able to "block" certain areas of the country and the globe... The model I'm talking to is SO excited that SM is now blocking (a lot like Adultwork.com, Myfreecams.com, Homecams.com, etc.) but only to find out that the Streamate's geo-blocking implementation was having some "bugs" to say the least.

Essentially, some of the "tech staff" @Streamate were giving the girls the run-around, when scores of other virtual hotties were having the same blocking issues. Bottom-line, blocking is not working on Streamate just yet. And yes, I will absolutely make a post when it is completely functional and I get the "all clear" from the rest of my webcam peers that blocking is indeed, working.

I will make a bold statement here: if Streamate is able to successfully block regions/states/cities/countries yada-yada-yada, then it could quite possibly be the best overall adult webcam site in the universe.

But until then, at the current posting date of this latest blog, the "blocking" is only working SOME of the time for the majority of girls, and it seems like it is disabled once girls are getting online. That definitely sounds like a "bug" and I'm not even technical.

BOO!!!

Eventually, I'm sure the professionals at SM will get their shizzle together and evolve like the rest of the webcam world and ensure successful geographic-blocking so that even more money can be had by the eager girls that are all turning-out nice profits, night-after-night.

I live for empowering women in this arena, simply because it can be very competitive, lined with soiled individuals that only want to SOIL you as well. It's my small attempt at contributing something of value to the single moms or struggling college students out there that would be facing foreclosure or just a high-school degree if it weren't for Al Gore's invention called the internet (I may have used this joke before-Ha!).

Cheers:)

 Lisa X

 www.camgirl-advice.blogspot.com
 www.twitter.com/CamgirlAdvice
 Camgirl.Advice@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I agree on Streamate - fast results, great traffic, ideal for those starting out or who reached a plateau.

    Lisa where you at girl - this blog is fantastic, come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back Elizabeth! I had a short hiatus out of the country for a bit. Came back with more knowledge that we can all apply to the sex industry and other small businesses (just in case anyone gets bored with taking their clothes off...LOL!). Thanks so much for the compliment! Let me know if you have any specific topics you'd like covered...Ciao!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I'll reply ASAP! Ciao!

Lisa X