Friday, February 4, 2011

Using Google Alerts to make more Camgirl profits

The majority of my posts on the Camgirl tips and advice blog are mainly to do with the mental side of taking your clothes off for strangers, albeit for a lot of money, it's still a psychological roller-coaster sometimes and I have been lacking a bit on the technical side of camming. The reason why, is that most people are successful because they simply have the "mental toughness" to not shy away from challenges, or rude, money-deficient, grumpy boys to make that money. With this all said, we live in a technological world and it's time for more articles on the tech side of being a naught webcam model. Here is something that I use a lot to my benefit for free. (Google really does rock.)

Let's take a peek:)

I give you, www.Google.com/alerts

And it's a beauty! Let me explain: whenever you type in some search data like "Big booty blonde's" or something specific (because it applies to you, hypothetically) into Google Alerts you will get an update EVERY TIME anything on the net is published with the text of "Big booty blonde's" for example.

Why is this a big deal? Well, there seems to be A LOT of heartache over webcam sessions being stolen and put-up on a "Tube site" so some jobless goober can whack his hog. Boo that. So...if you enter your camgirl name like, "Lisa X" into the aforementioned Google Alerts then every time something NEW on the net with this text criteria (which applies to images and videos nowadays according to my SEO camgirl vixens) shows up, then I get an email (so convenient) with the link and textual information. I can then take action to take down illegal material. Or just simply defend my pretty little reputation! :) But I digress...

At the very least, you can more easily find out if some other camgirl is talking inappropriately about you due to this monitoring/search service. Oh, and you can set-up as many "alerts" as you fancy. This is definitely a helpful research tool. What do you think?? Let me know in a comment below:)

Bottom-line: it's automated, it's free, it's a monitoring service (instead of deep-Googling for hours during a slow cam night) and it can also help your search engine optimization for your newfound camgirl career, which later helps when/if you decide to make a members-site or even a blog. We should all be so tech savvy. SEO article coming soon...thanks for stopping by:)

Cheers:)

Lisa X
http://www.camgirl-advice.blogspot.com/
www.twitter.com/CamgirlAdvice
Camgirl.Advice@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's an idea I never thought about before,
    Tks camgirl
    I am a regular visitor of this site :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I'll reply ASAP! Ciao!

Lisa X